Ever feel like you can’t write anymore or you are out of creative ideas or you have some great ideas in mind but are unable to express them perfectly? If it happens with you then there’s no need to get upset. You are probably facing writer’s block. It happens with even the best of writers.
You don’t suddenly become incapable of writing. It does not mean that your creative imagination or the power of expressing your feelings, experiences and thoughts has ended. Your desire to write did not end, it is still alive. It’s just a temporary condition which ceases soon.
There are several reasons for experiencing writer’s block. It may happen due to fear of not being good enough, lack of self-confidence, striving to be perfect (which is not wrong), distractions due to work, calls or messages, procrastination or exhaustion and tiredness.
The question here is how to overcome writer’s block?
There are various ways to overcome writer’s block-
• Change your environment by writing in a cafe, a park or where ever you feel soothing and comfortable.
• Spend time with family and friends. It will help you ease your mind.
• Ask your followers what they want you to write about. You’ll be flooded with numerous ideas.
• Meditate, go for a walk or run.
• Take a break from writing and read books, doodle, paint, cook, listen to music or do anything that interests you.
• Write randomly about anything. Write about what you did all day, who you talked to or just pick a random word and write about it without worrying about the grammar, punctuations or structure.
• Create a writing routine or schedule.
The ways to overcome writer’s block are endless. These are just some of the ways to overcome writer’s block. Don’t get demotivated, lose hope or stop writing forever because once you overcome this situation, you’ll be writing again with the same enthusiasm and passion. Let the fire of writing in you keep burning and shine like a star.